Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.electronics

Default AC Adapters

In the modern generation, charge plugs known as "wall warts" are like
coat hangers of the last generation. I've taken to labelling mine with
a sticker and some writing.

The odds of finding similar voltage and plug design is very slight. If
the new device is the same voltage, you can use a charge plug with a
higher available amperage, in most situaitons.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
As is the case with most folks, I suppose, I have an assortment of AC
adapters left over from a variety of now defunct electronic gizmos.
The
adapters vary in terms of output voltage and current, but I'm
wondering
if they can be used for other than the cell phone, radio, whatever
they
were intended for, or are they now just items for the junkpile? I'd
guess that they can't be used for items that are rated for higher
voltage and current, but can they be used if the item's requirements
are less than, or close to, the rated output for the adapter?

Thanks.

Lynn Willis
Indianapolis