Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default WoodCraft Green "Bessy" Clamps

This was explained a couple months ago here....

Some company in India is actually making the clamps
for Woodcraft using a license agreement from Bessey.
I finally found the original messge that describes
the situation: (I reorged the message to look better)

The Woodcraft parallel clamps were manufactured on
contract by a third party (Groz of India) to Bessey's
specifications.

These clamps are designed and manufactured to Bessey's
standards to be a price point alternative to the regular
K-Body manufactured by Bessey Tools in Germany.

I have personally used these clamps on several occasions
since we first received the initial prototypes and I have
to say that I truly believe they are of a quality that far
exceeds the price.

That being said if you want the absolute best parallel jaw
clamp on the maket then I would suggest that they buy the
original K-Body.

If on the other hand you are a cost conscience customer
that maybe has a budget that they must work within then
I believe the Woodcraft by Bessey parallel clamps
offer exceptional value.

Good luck on your decision and with all of your woodworking
projects to come.

(PS: what's wrong with looking like Santa's workshop ??)

PTC

charlie b wrote:

A frugal buddy and I attended the SF Bay Area Wood Working Show
this past Friday. He's in the market for some K-Body type clamps
and was considering the WoodCraft green "Bessy" clamps. He stopped
by the Bessy booth and asked why they are making a cheaper version
of their clamps for WoodCraft. "We aren't." was the answer.

So are the WoodCraft green "Bessy Type Clamps" actually made
by Bessy?

charlie b