Posted to rec.woodworking

Default WoodCraft Green "Bessy" Clamps

"charlie b" wrote in message
A frugal buddy and I attended the SF Bay Area Wood Working Show
this past Friday. He's in the market for some K-Body type clamps
and was considering the WoodCraft green "Bessy" clamps. He stopped
by the Bessy booth and asked why they are making a cheaper version
of their clamps for WoodCraft. "We aren't." was the answer.

So are the WoodCraft green "Bessy Type Clamps" actually made
by Bessy?

charlie b

According to the Woodcraft web page, yes. What makes your frugal buddy
think they are cheaper? Well, maybe they sell for less money, but that does
not mean they are constructed with less integrity, quality, or anything
aside from the green instead of red color.

If it is the same clamp at a lower selling price, the Bessy rep was correct.