Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Finish Nailer Recommendations

On Oct 31, 7:50 am, eclipsme wrote:
I need to purchase a finish nailer for attaching baseboards and door and
window trim. I have heard that the Harbor Freight nailers are actually
good. Is this true? What would *you* buy?

For openers, I'd suggest a 15 or 16 gauge. In a lot of cases the 18
gauge may be enough, but I like the 'suck' I get with the 16 gauge
Paslode. A bit more filler.. but you're filling anyway.

A tip I learned here, and one of the most wonderful timesavers EVAR.
Shoot your nails through a piece of masking tape. Then apply the
filler. Then remove tape.

Which reminds me, and I think I will start a new header... what are
some of the BEST tips people have learned here?