Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Gas Dryer Vent

Steve wrote:
Guys, having a problem deciding on whether it is ok to use an under the
eave vent for my gas dryer. Problem is that it is a second floor location
and substantial work to locate anywhere else. I have continuous soffit
vent now and know that there may be a problem of the hot air blowing back
into the attic. My attic is vented. will it cause a major problem for me
or am I just over cautious. Thanks, Steve

How far below the soffit will it be? A weather vent deflecting the
outlet down away from the soffit and if you wanted you could put a
deflector around it or even close a small section of the soffit vent.
Unless you're blowing it all up there, I doubt you would have a
detectable temperature rise. What's more problematic imo would
possibly be lint collection/buildup over a long period of time.