Posted to rec.woodworking
Brent Beal Brent Beal is offline

Default OT Lawmakers Look To Ban Metal Bats

I remember in the 6th grade a boy took his swing and let go of the bat. It
went right back at the catcher's face and the end of the bat went right into
one of his eyes (can't remember which eye), and he wore that black eye for
almost two weeks. The metal bat didn't do anything wrong, it is where on the
child's head the ball struck him.
I remeber riding in the back seat of he car unrestrained, but the cars were
cars then and not made out of plastic and fiberglass.
I also rmember taking the Mauser from WWII to school, kind of like show and
tell. No one thought a thing of it.
I am always referring to the "good old days" and someone quickly reminds me
that they weren't so good. Maybe not, but they were better than some we have
now.