Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Nathan Zimmerman Nathan Zimmerman is offline

Default Anyone use a snow roof rake?

In article ,
"Walter Cohen" wrote:

I live in NY state and had roof ice dam damage in a past year. Ever since
then I've had additional under-eave ventilation vents put in and try to keep
parts of my roof clean (to some degree) of winter snow using a long handled
shovel. My roofer recommended a roof rake with a telescoping handle system.

Can anyone who has used one of these comment on how well it works, what
types/brands are recommended, width of the blade, etc.
They all seem to look similar and are constructed the same. The only
difference that I can see (on the internet) is that they are of varying
widths (blade).

Any assistance / recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!
Walter

I'm in Amherst, NY (near Buffalo). I bought one two years ago which I
used often...it does remove alot of snow (it is hard work) with a handle
of about 14 feet long and an 18 inch end that has two small wheels on
the bottom to help it move along. I didn't even use it last year.

It's worth having, IMO.

Good luck,

Nathan Zimmerman

--
Replace "invalid" with "net" to despam

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore --Yogi Berra