Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Toller Toller is offline

Default Anyone use a snow roof rake?

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
I live in NY state and had roof ice dam damage in a past year. Ever since
then I've had additional under-eave ventilation vents put in and try to
keep parts of my roof clean (to some degree) of winter snow using a long
handled shovel. My roofer recommended a roof rake with a telescoping
handle system.

Can anyone who has used one of these comment on how well it works, what
types/brands are recommended, width of the blade, etc.
They all seem to look similar and are constructed the same. The only
difference that I can see (on the internet) is that they are of varying
widths (blade).

I had some damage 2 years ago, so I bought a rake for last year. We only
had enough snow to use it once! Well, obviously no damage...

It is a relatively small plastic head. I expect a large head would be too
hard to use; but the area I am doing is pretty small. Sorry I can't be more
helpful. (but if you are in the Rochester area, I picked up a second
identical one at a garage sale...)