Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Fixing cracks in wooden "quoins" (corner blocks) in Italianate house...

Lew Hodgett wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

But I think we agree that Bondo wouldn't be our first choice in the
OP's situation.

I don't have a clue how to solve the problem at hand, but if you live
in the "Rust Belt" for a while and see all those hulks of sheet metal
driving around with the Bondo patches that have fallen off after a
couple of years, you soon lose any interest in the stuff except to fix
up junkers and dump them.

Oh, absolutely! Bondo is applied in some horrific ways by people that
wouldn't be able to wet the paper bag much less break out of it. I'm
always tickled by the people that use Bondo and drive around like that
- no primer, exposed to the weather - and expect it to last.