Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rick Onanian Rick Onanian is offline

Default Dead transformer in UPS

wrote:
Still searching for a faulty component in the power circuit, and
nothing seems to be wrong?

Well, stuff certainly seems to be wrong, but no component appears dead.
There is some really shoddy soldering on this board, and I did a little
resoldering, but most of it looks functional now.

Search for a (very) little transformer on the printed circuit board (or
nearby) and for a fuse attached to it. Should one of these two fails,

How little, and what kind of package (if any)? There is definitely
nothing that looks like a transformer on the board. There two black
plastic boxes but I googled their markings and they're relays. I ought
to test them.

resistance (its about 50 Ohm for 230 volt mains). The other part to
check is a fuse in series with this transformer, but maybe you have a
hard time trying to identify it, because its encapsulate is sometimes
very similar to a diode bridge, and others seems to be a resistor in a
yellow or green body, but with very strange or no markings at all.

There are a few green resistor-looking things that have common resistor
markings on them. There are diode-looking things that are also marked
like resistors. It's been a long time since I've paid this much
attention to electronic components.

Hope you can "bring it back to life".

I appreciate all the help. This newsgroup is friendlier than I expected.