Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:15:06 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Clint Sharp wrote:

it does seem like maplin are going the way tandy: quite useful, mediocre,
HOW MUCH ?, pfft old and busted, maplin is closing down ?

Just about sums it up in my opinion. Ideal if you want chav bling
gadgets but useless for anything a hobbyist might want.

Sadly there are many customers looking for the former, and relatively
few hobbyists after the latter I would guess.

(Let's face it, they used to supply the whole countries hobbyist market
with a small shop in Westcliff-on-Sea, and a central warehouse - no way
is that market going to support the number of outlets they now have)

I used to drive 60 miles each way to that shop.
Since they went nationwide, I don't think I have been in more than 3
times.