Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

In message , John
Rumm writes
(Let's face it, they used to supply the whole countries hobbyist market
with a small shop in Westcliff-on-Sea, and a central warehouse - no way
is that market going to support the number of outlets they now have)

No, I agree, but they used to be able to order bits in to the store for
you from a decent range of bits in a warehouse somewhere, nowadays they
don't actually have a range of components, they have a sort of random
splatter which spends more time out of stock than in (or so it seems).
Even the catalogue was useful, worth paying for, now I object to paying
for their marketing material which is of little practical use, so I
don't.

--
Clint Sharp