Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ephedralover@hotmail.com is offline

Default Transporting An Extension Ladder With A Car: How ?

No matter what you do, make sure you hold on to it with your left hand
while driving. I see this technique used quite often when people strap
king sized mattresses on there car roofs and secure them with twine.

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Have the problem of transporting a typical 20 ft. Werner extension ladder.

Only have a car (Buick LeSabre) and it's probably a bit much to just hang
out of the trunk.

I can try the ski carriers that I still have from years ago and see if they
will
fit on the Buick, but was wondering if anyone has any other clever ideas
on what to do ?

I remember they used to make heavy foam blocks to place on a canoes
gunwales, so the canoe
copuld easily be carried upside down on the roof of a car without maring the
paint (tied down, of course).

Is there anything like this available for carrying a ladder, perhaps ?

Any other thoughts on ?

Thanks,
Bob