Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Ground current through water main/meter

You have a problem there. You should have nothing moving through there.
You apparently have a problem with a open or very poor neutral, The only
flow of current should be through the neutral and the two power legs,
Current and any kind through the ground is a fault. That needs to be
addressed like yesterday,

I can't imagine anyone using steel. Aluminum maybe, but not steel

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in
message ...
Awl--

How much is acceptable?
An amp-probe reveals between 2 and 6 amps, depending on how balanced the
load is on each leg of the main panel.
I'm hearing that the neutral from the panel is connected to a *steel*
cable outside, while the hots are indeed connected to copper conductors.
This would explain some current going through ground.

If the water main connection is broken, no noticeable effect in the
house--or so it seems.

Mebbe I'll amp-probe some of my neighbors plumbing.
Absolutely Vote, for *Anyone BUT* a Democrat or a Republican
Ending Corruption in Congress is the Single Best Way
to Materially Improve Your Life
all d'numbuhs