Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops
Jim Land Jim Land is offline

Default replacing fans on Dell laptop

"news.rcn.com" news.rnc.com wrote in
:

Anyone ever dismantled a fan on a Dell laptop please?

I have an Inspiron 8200 which has two fans, one of which has gone. I
have a spares Inspiron 5000 which has a single fan in it. They look
the same. Taking out the whole unit entails dismantling the whole
laptop and removing the circuit board; and I wouldn't know where to
get the fan unit. Can I dismantle the two-fan unit in place and
replace one of them? It seems accessible but the power lead goes to
the underside of the main PCB

They each SEEM to be held in with Phillips screws (but I may be
imagining it).

Complete disassembly directions for your 8200 are he
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc..._en/remove.htm