Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default replacing CU

Staffbull wrote:
My Father's asked me to replace his fusebox for a slit load CU, he
doesn't want to rewire the house which I have suggested as its rubber
cable. I havent looked at the job propery yet but my question is, what
to do if the cables are too short for the new places in the new CU?

I would prefer to at least fit the CU as it will offer more protection
than they have now, which basically is nowt !! If I can I'll pressure
them into a rewire.

Thanks, I'll get him to go for the rewire, it is well overdue, and if
he's bothered about too much mess I'll use conduit on the surface. Each
bedroom only has one socket at the moment anyhoo, so by adding another
per room wont be much bother. If I can get past "why do you need so
many plugs in one room" :-)