Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

Clint Sharp wrote:

it does seem like maplin are going the way tandy: quite useful, mediocre,
HOW MUCH ?, pfft old and busted, maplin is closing down ?

Just about sums it up in my opinion. Ideal if you want chav bling
gadgets but useless for anything a hobbyist might want.

Sadly there are many customers looking for the former, and relatively
few hobbyists after the latter I would guess.

(Let's face it, they used to supply the whole countries hobbyist market
with a small shop in Westcliff-on-Sea, and a central warehouse - no way
is that market going to support the number of outlets they now have)

--
Cheers,

John.