Posted to alt.solar.thermal,alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Wall insulation

Any ideas?

Jeff

What I did was to pull a board at / near the top of the wall and
another near the bottom, and pulled bats through with a coat hanger. If
you are careful you can pull the boards with little / no damage other
than breaking the paint around the nails. That wasn't a problem for me
as I was planning to paint. Turns out it was for naught, I became so
disillusioned with the condition of the siding, I'm presently replacing
it all with Hardie board. I have 2 walls completely redone and the
difference is amazing. I recently painted the completed walls with an
airless sprayer and did one old wall as a holding measure. The old wall
still looks like crap, freshly painted crap, but nevertheless, crap.