Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Generator Got A Little Workout -- Sort of

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
My generator (6000 watt) will run for 6 hours on a tank (4.5 gals) of
gas at half load. 5 Hours at full load. During the weekend power
outage (21 hours) I ran it several times to try and keep the
refrigerator cold. It will also run on propane but I have avoided doing
this. I would rather save the propane for auxiliary heating.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Mine will also run 5 hours on a tank at full load, but my tank is only 1
gal. Okay, the gen is only 1.6kw, but it is just right for the refrigerator
and furnace.
If it could use propane, I would certainly use that over gas. No more
worrying if it has gone bad!