Posted to alt.solar.thermal,alt.home.repair
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Wall insulation

This is a bit OT for alt.solar.thermal, but I think quite a bit of
know how there on this, and I read that group regularly... Google didn't
come up with any groups that often deal with this.

I'd like to add insulation to a few of my exterior walls. House is
20's vintage with a couple additions circa 60's and 70's. Frame house
with wood lap siding. Additions have siding over ~ 1/2" fiber board,
oddly additions are colder than rest of house. I think that is because
they have more exterior walls, even though the floors are much better
insulated. Climate, is moderate, Atlanta, Ga.

Cost is a bigger issue than end R value.

I've seen some new (to me) kind of blown in insulation that goes
through, I think, a 1" hole.

Any ideas?

Jeff