Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Generator Got A Little Workout -- Sort of

The info for the genset should tell you how many gallons per hour at full
and half, the unit uses. If you don't have the info, just google a similar
sized unit

"Ditzy Blonde" wrote in message
Winds knocked out the power about noon. We didn't have a clue as to
how much propane is burned during an outage, so we scaled back the oil
furnace, shut-off computer, kept the TV off. No lights. Power was
out four hours. We did use water (well is powered by electric) and
open the refrigerator as usual. Popcorn popper was used for a few
minutes. Temp outside was about 50 but bright and sunny so the
furnace came on only once for a short period.

Anyway, the needle on the propane gauge didn't move at all. Guess
this wasn't really a good test and we still don't know how much
propane is burned during a typical outage.