Sue

Default Problem: Squirrel in Fireplace Insert!

On 23 Jan 2004 05:09:08 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

We actually once watched a red tail in hot pursuit of one of his rollers
as the roller headed for the coop. The entry way to the coop is way too
small for the hawk..and he was so intent on his stoop (dive) that he
flew headlong into the side of the coop, breaking his neck. Made a hell
of a thump. Like watching an old WW2 picture of a dive bomber hitting
the water...feathers everywhere.

Those things are huge. It's hard to realize when you see them
in the sky, there's nothing for comparison. But when your wife
comes in and says "there's a dog sitting in the tree in the front
yard" then that puts it in perspective!

When I was living in Alaska I was walking on the beach one day and saw
a dog playing in the surf. Went close to take a look a discovered it
was a bald eagle. Now *those* are huge birds.
Sue

Jim

please reply to: