Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Driver Bits

Is this like the SDS drill, quality jigsaw thing?

I'd say yes. I bought the Bosch 14.4v impact driver after trying it at
a trade show (I already had a 14.4v bosch drill), alos tried the
hitachi and a couple of others - all good, all expensive.

For heavier timbers I use quite a lot of 6 *100mm turbogold or
Spax(slightly better IMO) - these have PZ3, much less prone to breaking
bits.

I had been using Wiha diamond bits, but bought a single Wera PZ3
diamond bit - and rate it cut above.

Oh and get a 1/2" drive adaptor for your impact driver, super for
loosening (moderately tight) and spinning off nuts and bolts.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...95732&id=17228.