Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Cleaning the gutters - not a question

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
(Doug Miller) wrote in
. com:

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:
More of an observation, or series of rhetorical questions.
But is there any worse task than cleaning gutters? I used to think
so, but after doing it for the first time I'm wondering.

I can think of one... ever clean a septic tank?

No, I haven't either -- but every time I watch (and smell) one being
pumped, I'm glad that I'm the guy with the pen and checkbook, not the
guy with the truck and hose.

Standing on a ladder with
a high-pressure hose in your hand, manually removing compacted
Douglas-fir needles with your sopping wet-gloved hand.

Gutter screens...

Chain saw.

Hell if I cut down the Douglas Fir my drain field would overload in a
second. The builders routed the drain field right around it in a ring.
It's no wonder to me why that tree is 4 feet across and 120 feet tall after
40 years or so.