Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Boy, am I in the wrong line of work .........

I suppose you have electric heat also eh? What a waste.

--
Steve Barker

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:35:38 -0500, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:

Why would a gas oven light the house on fire any faster than an electric
one?

I have come across lots of house fires started by candlelit dinners
and parties, by candlelit ranges, flame warmed fondue pots and of
course by gas ranges. I won't have an open flame anywhere in my
house. No cigarette smoking. Its just one of those safety and peace
of mind things. If its not there I don't have to worry about it or
have to make allowance for it (as in safety practices I have to take
into account when I light a candle.) I bet this Halloween will see
several house fires from candlelit pumpkins.