Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Starting a Snow Thrower.

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 01:10:38 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

I don't have any problem starting 2 cycle engines(snow thrower, weed
eater, chain saw, yard vac.) Using correct oil with corect mix ratio?
Using choke properly? If it gets really cold here(read minus 30C and
down) I have to pull a few times but like today, minus 12C with bad
wind/snowing, Toro thrower startd on the second pull. Once it starts
wiat a while until engine warms up. To minimize pollution? Using engine
oil is totally wrong! You have to choose right 2 cycle oil which
produces least ash. Read the label on the bottle.

I wish these manufacturers would all agree on a single ratio for all
two stroke engines. Won't happen. I think the weedwacker was 1:25 and
the snow thrower 1:40 or something like that. I don't have the specs
handy and I can't remember the correct mix for different engines.
This bring up a wish list item - a Dollar Store squeeze bulb metering
syringe marked with the ( two stroke oil) volume needed to add to a
gallon of gas to make a specified ratio. To mix five gallons of gas
just use that syringe five times. This beats guesswork using the
barely visible window strip on the plastic oil container or using a
lab type measuring cylinder.