Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Soldering a Broken TV

"Homer J Simpson" writes:

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message

In nearly all CRT TVs and monitors less tha 30 years old, it goes directly
into the flyback and bare sections would be extermely unlikely.

Unless the ground to the outside of the kine is disconnected. Not a good
thing to touch if you are standing on the ledge of a second floor window.

I'm not sure I'd want to test it out this way, but in principle, if the
ground only were disconnected after the set was turned off, there would
be no voltage between it and ground.