Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Bill is offline

Default Get Good With A Few or Adequate With Many?

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 06:47:43 -0800, charlie b wrote:

Do YOU shoot for adequate with a bunch of different gouges and chisels
or get really good with three or four?

Don't know that I am either.

My favorite tool at the moment is the skew, but I am not shy about reaching
for other tools as the cut indicates. I have a couple of scrapers that get
a good workout when turning a bowl and a good-sized gouge used for
roughing larger pieces. I haven't figured out how to use one on the I.D.
of a bowl yet, but I am finding that the skew is really quite versatile.

Bill