Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default hot water heater leak and tankless water heater?

"THO" wrote in message
In article . com,
wrote:

The wind blowing the pilot light out would not cause water to be
released from the relief valve. One big question here is how old is
the unit? If it's older than 10 years, and depending on where it's

Try not to laugh ... its a copper tank model that is 24 years old.

I hate to see it go. We just replaced the 2nd floor heater 6 years after
installation and it was out of warranty.

It sounds like it should be worth figuring out the problem and fixing
it. If it's just leaking out the safety valve, and it is not likely to be
the tank that is the problem. Maybe the safety valve, thermostat,
regulator, expansion tank, etc.

Bob