Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Gas heaters? ? ?

"George" wrote in message
Ray wrote:
I live in an 80-year-old six-unit apartment building, and the single-pipe
steam radiator system doesn't work all that well.

I'd like to put in supplemental heating, and one good possibility seems
to be a natural gas stove-heater.

I see that there are vented and unvented models. It seems to me that
unvented might be a bit dangerous.

But I remember that years ago, many houses had room gas heaters with no
venting at all. You just lit them, and the heat filled the room -- gas
fumes and all -- and I don't remember any bad results.

Maybe you can't recall anything because of all that exposure to combustion
byproducts?

God, but that cracked me up!