Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Burning green/wet firewood

"Stubby" wrote in message
I did nearly 30 years ago. The little box stove was very hot. Then I
started hearing the airflow. It got loud and I cut the air intake totally
although I wasn't totally sure that I was having a chimney fire. After a
few minutes it stopped. I didn't call the Fire Dept but probably should
have. [Neighbors told me flames were shooting up 30 feet and airplanes
were avoiding the area. :-)]

Laughing ... that's pretty much what I experienced ... saw it myself ... it
was like 4th of July above my roof. The roaring sound tipped me off, so I
went outside to look. Luckily, it was raining that night so I didn't need
to worry about secondary fires.

The bad news was that my ceramic flu liner cracked :(