Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Noisy refrigerator

On 27 Oct 2006 20:06:10 -0700, "Nuallain"
wrote:

On Oct 27, 5:24 pm, "Tater" wrote:
Nuallain wrote:
On Oct 27, 2:37 pm, "professorpaul" wrote:
Check the rubber motor mounts.

Thanks I did that. When I shake the compressor there is something
loose in there that seems to be the culprit.loose IN the compressor or ON it?

how easily can you shake the compressor? the ones i've seen are real
solid.

maybe the rubber moutns are fine, the the barckets and such the mounts
are attached to may have lost a bolt.

It sounds like there is something rattling around INSIDE the

Take a one to three foot stick, I suppose hardwood is best but I'm
sure you can use lots of other things, and hold it near your ear or on
that flap and put the other end a variety of places until you track
down the noise with more certainty.

I doubt this is wasting much electricity, if any, no matter what the
problem. IF you can fix it before the compressor gets loose and
catches and kills the cat, you should, but otherwise, you can use it
until it breaks. I'm pretty sure it will break a little earlier if
this noise is still there. I am not a repairman.

compressor. As far as bracket on the outside of the compressor; would
those typically be near the top? The only thing I can find are the 4
rubber motor mounts and their associated screws at the bottom.