Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Running wire to detached garage

Certainly, if you could go under the concrete, it would be neater, but
threaded galv or even sch 80 should be fine. Don't transition back from
rigid to plastic though, once you make the change, continue it into the new
panel. Although it is currently still legal to do so, I would strongly
recommend running the ground conductor to avoid future problems

"xgtfour" wrote in message
news:e734287b124a80238413dfb6a9022a2c@homerepairli ve.com...
Thanks again for the replies. I'm not sure what I mentioned that was not
up
to code, not running a ground wire is OK because I don't have any other
metallic conductors between the garage and the house, like mentioned
above. If there is something else, please let me know. There is not a 3
foot wall, just 3 feet of flat concrete to the garage. I would have no
problem going to metal conduit out of the ground except for this part of
the code:

DO NOT USE EMT {electrical metallic tubing} IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH EARTH.
Article 331-4-A-5.

Does that mean I can't use galvanized or anything else that would provide
more protection than a plastic pipe?

I'm really amped, no pun intended, to get this wiring going so I can work
on my big block turbo project.