Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Hats off, gentlemen. A genius!

On 29 Oct 2006 10:52:59 -0800, "foggytown"
wrote:

Prometheus wrote:
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 16:01:23 -0000, "Bill" wrote:

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:00:44 +0000, Tim wrote:

I would love to be able to do work like that. I wouldn't do it because it
is ridiculous, but I wish I could.

He's getting as much as $38,000 for one piece. Still ridiculous?

Yep. If I wanted something that looked like a coat hanging on the
wall, I'd hang a coat on the wall.

Not to say he isn't a very talented carver- he obviously is.

Hell, if I wanted a work of "art" that looked like a filthy, unmade bed
I could do that myself every day. So who needs Tracey Emin? Yet there
she is. This guy has it over her ANY day!

Don't know who Tracey Emin is, either- but that doesn't sound very
appealing. There are a lot of things in the world that people with
too much disposable income will pay outrageous sums of money for- and
they're not always easy to create. But IMO, calling some of this
stuff "art" is slapping the faces of the old masters.

But I never got it, and probably won't. I suppose it's my loss- but
it's easier on the bank account.