Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:53:46 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Ian White
wrote:

By the way, there is a list of UK suppliers of electronic components and
related items, at:
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/in-prac/components.htm

The list gives particular emphasis to the way suppliers deal with
individual hobbyists. Comments, corrections and recommendations are
always welcome (bearing in mind that there is some DIY content, but it
isn't meant to be a DIY list).

"The Maplin catalogue is available in major magazine shops and shows
VAT-inclusive prices. There is also a CD-ROM."

You have to buy their catalogue, at about £3.50 and its revised
quarterly I think. I tried their early CD version and it was hopeless.
The website 'more details' generally brings up an almost illegible scan
of a complete catalogue page. And of course 'bigger image' just brings
up the same size one in a separate window... duh!!

Well done for list, extremely useful, thanks.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me