Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Digital automotive tach circuit?

"Noozer" wrote in message

Anyone have a simple digital tachometer schematic handy?

I want to put a 4 digit LED tach into my van. Resolution of 50rpm is fine.
Fed by the TACH output of a six cylinder GMC on distributor coil.

If it isn't much more difficult, I'd like to be able to drive a bar graph
of 12 to 16 LEDs as well.

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102835/article.html

A Digital Tachometer For Your Car

Compact design features a 4-digit LED display and a bargraph. It can also
provide gearchange indication and drive a rev limiter.