Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

In message , Ian White
writes
raden wrote:
My biggest gripe about RS is their stock levels at regional trade
counters.

Or rather their stock levels full stop

since they transferred over to this new system, the whole thing seems
to have fallen apart - for example, I've run them out of capacitors
several times this year with over a month's lead time on replacement
stock ... and then you find that they've run out of the alternative as well !

It probably isn't their fault. The RoHS directive has thrown the
component industry's JIT manufacturing and delivery processes into
chaos, so there are gaps where certain components just aren't being made.

Not, as far as I know, in the instance I gave (electrolytic
capacitors), identical components (AFAICS) just that they ran out of
stock. Items received when they eventually sent them looked identical to
previously received items

.... and it's hardly as if RoHS is something that was sprung upon them
overnight

--
geoff