Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

In article , Derek ^
writes
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:28:05 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Simon wrote:
That's an interesting list. I currently order most of my stuff from
Maplin and RS, but I will try some of the others.

I did, but now mainly use Rapid. I don't spend a fortune with them as it's
just a (sometimes) paying hobby. They are generous with their catalogue -
unlike RS.

At our local trade counter they are generous with catalogues on
CD-ROM. I can scarcely pick up the box containing the multiple volume
paper catalogue we get nowadays.

The "Radiospares" Catalogue used to be a folder about the size of a
book of log tables that hung on a nail in every electronic workshop,
and the company penetrated the market by issuing enough of them such
that a service engineer always had one within his reach without
getting up off his seat.

Blimey, I remember when the Radiospares cat was no thicker than the
Beano;!....

--
Tony Sayer