Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian White Ian White is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

raden wrote:
My biggest gripe about RS is their stock levels at regional trade
counters.

Or rather their stock levels full stop

since they transferred over to this new system, the whole thing seems
to have fallen apart - for example, I've run them out of capacitors
several times this year with over a month's lead time on replacement
stock ... and then you find that they've run out of the alternative as
well !

It probably isn't their fault. The RoHS directive has thrown the
component industry's JIT manufacturing and delivery processes into
chaos, so there are gaps where certain components just aren't being
made.

--
Ian White