Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default what type of cement or mortar

harmon wrote:
my in-laws asked me to do a small repair for an in-ground pool, top suction area.

the pool is a standard gunite diamondbrite finish and the pool cleaner goes into an
opening cavity on the very top at water level, into a small round pool where the main
suction line exists (another is on the bottom of pool)

in the small round area, there is a small crack in the cement right above the water
line or just at the waterline

I have to drain the pool a little but am asking what type of cement to use to repair
this crack as it will be exposed to the pool chemicals though most of it is above
water level. none of this is the actual swimming pool, it's the small round hole
outside the pool wall, about 1 foot away from the wall of the pool and exists only for
the top suction line into the pool pump

I used an "underwater" 2 part epoxy putty for this type a repair

It came in two seperate containers (like film containers)

i don't have it any more...stuff dried up after 10 years on the shelf
in the garage

Check your local pool supply

LEAKMASTER Pool Repair Putty

This convenient and versatile epoxy works underwater and cures to a
bright white in 20-60 minutes. One stick format eliminates waste and
misproportioning.

PP701 Pool Repair Putty - Hardens in 20-30 minutes to a fiberglass
white

http://www.leaktools.com/leakmaster_repair/service.php

cheers
Bob