Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default How to blow out inground sprinkler lines

wrote:
I Just had in ground sprinklers put in this spring, now that the
temperature has dropped I have to blow out the lines but I dont know
how, Does anyone know how to do this? The only thing i do know is that
i need a compressor which i do have (15gal 150 psi) Thanks in advance.

How about a shop vac?

Suck the water out for each valve "circuit" at the lowest sprinkler
head for that circuit.

A hundred feet of 3/4 PVC pipe holds about 3 gallons.

I use a shop vac all the time when I work on a sprinkler system (I use
it to suck out any dirt that might have gotten into the pipe when
changing a riser....saves having to clean or replace the sprinkler
spray.

you only have to get enough water out such that the pipe is nowhere
completely full.

cheers
Bob