Posted to alt.home.repair
edumacatedfoo edumacatedfoo is offline

Default Central Vac not picking up anything.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting. So please don't flame if i'm not doing this
properly.
I have a problem with my home's central vacuum.
It's an old home (about 20 years), the vacuum pipes run through all 3
floors of the house (basement,main and 2nd).
For some reason, the vacuum suddenly went to a very low suction rate,
about 5% of what it used to be. I checked the hose and it's fine. I
even used a plumbing snake but could only go so far into the lines and
I haven't picked up anything in the lines that would account for the
decrease in suction.
I'm not sure about the layout of the lines and that may be a big factor
in finding/fixing this clogged system.
I can also go into the garage and post the model/make of the vacuum.

Anyone have any solutions they've tried or any suggestions as to what
my next steps should be concerning the problem would be very helpfull
and appreciated.

Thanks and sorry if this isn't the right newsgroup for the question.