Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Cleaning the gutters - not a question

More of an observation, or series of rhetorical questions.
But is there any worse task than cleaning gutters? I used to think so, but
after doing it for the first time I'm wondering. Standing on a ladder with
a high-pressure hose in your hand, manually removing compacted Douglas-fir
needles with your sopping wet-gloved hand. Just waiting to jam your fingers
in that one spot where the wasps decided to over-winter. I was lucky enough
to not strike wasp when pulling that muck out of there, but when I swung
around the front of the house to clean them I was swarmed by wasps and
wisely decided to come back another day. Maybe after the first hard frost.

I finally discovered why my drain system wasn't working, and also discovered
why that big tall strong Douglas in my backyard isn't such a wonderful thing
afterall. Those things shed needles like MAD.

Uggghhh, maintaining the gutters before the Seattle rains come is probably
the only important thing I need to do this year.