Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default hot water heater leak and tankless water heater?

"THO" wrote in message
It looks like I may need a new hot water heater. We lost hot water and
when I checked it out, there was water dripping from the emergency
release valve and a large amount of water on the floor (but less than
when the 2nd hot water heater died). The pilot was out also.

If all the leakage came from the safety valve, you might have a
repairable problem. The valve, expansion tank, regulator could
be looked at. Did the leakage from the safety valve put out the
pilot?

Bob