Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Maplin - mains transformers

In message , Derek ^
writes
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:49:56 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
I had got half of it together, and a
sales guy from Farnell knocked on the door and offered a catalogue
and account there and then. It was almost as if he must have known.
We never bothered persuing the RS account.

The big advantage of RS was the no minimum quantity order (not that I'm
given to always making small orders). Now they have put a delivery
charge on orders under £20,

Not if they are entered via t' internet.

Yes, but we were having a whinge about catalogues and I was in telephone
ordering mode

Farnell might see more business

For a long time Farnell's website was pathetic. It's better now.

My biggest gripe about RS is their stock levels at regional trade
counters.

Or rather their stock levels full stop

since they transferred over to this new system, the whole thing seems to
have fallen apart - for example, I've run them out of capacitors several
times this year with over a month's lead time on replacement stock ...
and then you find that they've run out of the alternative as well !

--
geoff