Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki Doki is offline

Default Driver Bits

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
On 2006-10-28 20:40:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Hi All

Any recommendations for decent driver bits No2 Pozi?

I've tried cheap & expensive. Last lot I bought were CK, box of 25 for
about a ?5. Don't last long & then cam out starts.

Some dearer ones seemed brittle - I had a few just shatter.

Makes & suppliers please?

Thinking laterally.....

Have you thought about using Torx screws and bits? These are much
less susceptible to cam out than Pozidriv.

Thinking laterally again.

I wonder why there are no drills that can be set to limit torque to
a constant factor times pressure on the bit.

This way there is not enough torque to cam out the bit.

I've a) no idea what you're on about or b) any idea what cam out is.

How would that differ from the standard torque limiter on an electric
screwdriver? FWIW, I've had luck getting rusted and almost rounded fasteners
out by using a very low torque setting and letting it hammer at it.