Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
KLS KLS is offline

Default What's a good older washing machine brand/model?

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:09:22 -0400, "Mike T." wrote:

Kenmore IS the Sears BRAND even though it is manufactured by someone else.

If you like Kenmore, that's great. To call Kenmore a brand however, is (at
worst) a bald-faced lie, and at best very misleading. To say that Kenmore
is a brand of appliances is like saying that "Geo" was a brand of
automobiles. If I tore off all the Ford emblems and stuck a "Mikey" sticker
on my car, would that mean that my car was Mikey brand??? Heck no. That's
why it's ridiculous to state that Kenmore is a brand of appliances. For
about the thousandth time, there is no company called "Kenmore" that
manufactures appliances. Never was, probably never will be. -Dave

Yes, Mike is right. Think about the Craftsman name for example. Just
today I bought a pair of 1/2 hp electric garage door openers at Sears
with the Craftsman label. There IS NO CRAFTSMAN COMPANY that actually
manufactures these machines! Chamberlain makes them, but their name
is not on the label.

The BRAND that you talk about is actually irrelevant in this
discussion because the OP was asking about manufacturers. Kenmore is
not an appliance manufacturer: Whirlpool and Kitchenaid and who knows
who else makes their appliances. So, learn who makes the specific
Kenmore models you're interested in.