Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Made a mistake

Been there, done that. If you installed your drywall with screws, just back
them out, drop the panel, find your cable and cut an opening for it. This is
one of the reasons you should always use screws. If you went and used nails,
well I have taken nails out as well. You need a nail puller to get under the
nail head, then pry the nail out by sliding a putty knife blade behind the
nail puller to avoid crushing the drywall. Once loosened you can use a claw
hammer to finish extracting the nail. This does more damage to the sheet
than screws, but it can all be fixed with mud. Don't bother putting
replacement nails or screws in the same holes, put them in new locations.

"SteveC" wrote in message
My first time constructing a Recroom. I guess I can't get everything
right the first time.

Anyway, I got the wiring done and proceded onto the Vapor Barrier and
Gyproc. Got halfway done the walls with Gyproc and realized I forgot to
pull the wire for the heater though the vapor Barrier and gyproc!! I
really don't want to ruin a sheet of gyproc to get it out.

What are my options? I kinda remember where it is, it's either in one 16"
length or the one next to it. Can I use that current detector to find it
through the gyproc then cut a small hole to pull it out? I don't have one
buy I could get a loan of my friends.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

--