Posted to rec.woodworking
May-Brith Nilsen May-Brith Nilsen is offline

Default Router Newbie--Missing Pieces?

skrev i melding
ups.com...
warning to tighten the nut without a bit in it. It maybe the same for
Botsch. Always read the manual before use.

Mine says *not* to tighten the nut without a bit in it. Was that what
you meant?

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. My native language is Norwegian, and it's
30 years ago I learned English. So it's not always easy to explain. May
sentence about tighten the nut was meant to be *not* tighten.

Anyway, collet appears firmly wedged in the shaft and I can't remove
it. May have to buy some 1/2" bits. ;-)

But, if You can't screw the nut on to the collet, then You can't use 1/2"
bits, or?

May-Brith