Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Driver Bits

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:48:45 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2006-10-28 20:40:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Hi All

Any recommendations for decent driver bits No2 Pozi?

I've tried cheap & expensive. Last lot I bought were CK, box of 25 for
about a £5. Don't last long & then cam out starts.

Some dearer ones seemed brittle - I had a few just shatter.

Makes & suppliers please?

Thinking laterally.....

Have you thought about using Torx screws and bits?

Thinking even more laterally, Andy....

Torx bits don't work very well on existing Pozidriv screws though.

:-)

I think the problem is that there are so many variations of
'cross-head' screws. Not only are there the original Phillips (sp?),
there are Pozidriv, Supadriv and no doubt others, as well as Japanese
versions of these used widely on electronic equipment.
Actually some very cheap "stubby" screwdrivers are perfect for these
Jap/Korean screws.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland